Tuesday, March 12, 2013

It's Been a While - Growing as an Artist

It's been a while since I last blogged, but I have some things I'd like to share with those people who may not be visiting my other internet presences.

I just updated my official website: www.ojibwe-art.ca and added a couple of paintings in the Bears section. I created some new paintings in 2012.

I'm also at odds with perhaps adding to my website and adding an Asian/Other styles page, and maybe fostering on the lands-and-skies (my husband's domain). I worry it may distract from my Aboriginal pages.

Anyway, some new works for 2013 that I'm particularly pleased with: http://fav.me/d5xcgx1 on my DeviantArt page. It's a painting of Japanese yokai, or demons, in a nightparade (see the link for a larger image). In the middle is a little man with a giant squash shaped head who sneaks into your house and drinks your tea.

Various household objects gain spirits when they reach their 100th birthday, so a sake jar (who contains unending amounts of sake), grass sandal and tea pot dance about as a biwa and shamisen (cut off from the scan) play music.

A line of sparrows dance, whose hats I tried to model after Awa Odori dancers. Around the gathering, a two-tailed cat, mountain wolf, giant rooster who breathes foxfire, and foxes watch on.

Another painting I created recently was Transcendence. http://taibossigai.deviantart.com/art/Transcendence-Wonder-of-the-Night-Sky-350454594 (also on DeviantArt)

This was my first real attempt at painting a realistic person, and I was quite pleased with the result.

For those who are interested in my artwork, I have pieces available as prints here: http://taibossigai.imagekind.com/

So, until my next update (hopefully it will be a little more frequent), enjoy the art! :)

1 comment:

  1. Hello dear, Thanks for sharing about these Vintage Cheap art Prints and I am an Aboriginal artist. That is why I want to know if you have any sample of Aboriginal Art. I am a newbie anyway.

    ReplyDelete